Complete Estate Auction Service
We are committed to providing our customers with a professional, knowledgeable staff that will work with you to choose the best venue to liquidate your inventory. We specialise in auctioning the entire contents of your home onsite, saving you time and money. This hassle free service ensure that your movables are not damaged in transit and your home is emptied within hours of the auction.
We will conduct the sale in a professional manner by using a computerised clerking system to account for each items auctioned, advertising through multi media promotion, sale and processing, distribution of items to buyers and collection of all funds. After the sale, you will receive a detailed summary of each auction lot and a cheque within 10 working days of the auction.
In the event that we may not be able to perform an auction for you, we may still be able to assist in removing your items from your location.
We would evaluate the items and make a cash offer to remove everything. This service includes collecting all you items as well as cleaning your home on our way out.
Call us for a free consultation on 082 330 3163 or email us on email@example.com
Valuations and Appraisals
Boland Auctions is known and respected for our knowledge and experience. We work as an organized team to see that our clients receive the personal attention and detail they deserve. Our Appraisal Team performs evaluations on a daily basis and our specialists are trained to give accurate assessments on virtually anything. Some of our more frequent appraisal requests include:
- Family Heirlooms
- Green houses/nursery
Appraisals determine the value of personal property for different purposes: estate resolution, insurance assessments, donation or gift valuation, property liquidation, fair market value estimation, and replacement cost. In many of these instances, certified appraisal reports are recommended and/or requested by an attorney.
Our appraisal service includes the following:
- Our Sworn Appraiser Alistair Brown will schedule an appointment to meet with you at your convenience.
- The appraisal will be charged at 1% of the value of the goods appraised with a minimum fee of R1000. Great care is taken to complete the appraisal within a reasonable and efficient timeframe.
- The report will be printed, reviewed and certified with the appraiser’s signature. It will include a description and opinion of value for your property.
- You, or a recipient designated by you, will receive a bound copy of your certified written report by mail in a timely manner. We will also include two additional copies to be given to your attorney, your insurance company, your accountant or anyone else of your choosing.
For further information or to schedule an appraisal, call 082 658 6633 from Monday-Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rent an auctioneer/ Professional Auctioneer Services
Do you need a professional auctioneer to call your sale? Maybe you are planning a benefit, fundraiser, charitable or corporate event or maybe you have the ability to set up and account for your own sale.
Whether it be to sell artwork, wine, jewelry, donated services or anything else, our auctioneers will always liven up the crowd & show everyone a good time while collecting the most amount of money for your cause.
We are happy to provide our customers with rent and auctioneer for the event. You handle your merchansie, you collect the money, we will just come in for a flat fee and auction for you. No extra fees, no advertising costs. Call us on 082 658 6633 or email us on email@example.com
We also offer a variety of ides to help your event be a huge success.
Social responsibility and Charity
Conducting auctions as fundraising events for charitable causes is not only a way of assisting charities to reach their financial goals, but also an excellent platform for educating the audience on how an auction works.
Boland Auctions realizes the importance of giving back to the community that has supported us for the past 14 years.
By donating time and skills, we add the unmistakable energy of an auction and entertainment value to a charitable event. We are requested to conduct many charity auctions each year as part of our social responsibility commitments.
Some of the charities that we’re help include:
1. The Rock Shelter
2. Worcester School for the Blind
3. St. Johns and Paarl Boys High Old Boys annual wine auction.
One of the critical success factors to auctioneering is the marketing , promotion and communication of items and assets to be auctioned.
Boland Auctions has it’s own in-house marketing expert who handles the entire marketing mix to increase awareness of upcoming auctions to ensure that the right buyer is informed about the impending auction.
Absentee bidding is a great option for anyone who can attend preview but not the auction itself, or for bidders who attend the auction but need to leave before some of their lots of interest are auctioned. Absentee bids are accepted throughout the auction as long as they are submitted at least an hour before the lot is expected to sell.
We typically auction 90 – 100 lots per hour. You can pick up an absentee bid form from the registration desk We donot accept absentee bid requests by email; a signed form must be submitted in person to the registration desk on the day of the auction. All absentee bid forms must include the bidder’s complete personal information. All absentee bidding forms allow for a 10% over allowance. For example, if your bid is R200, we will bid up to R220 for you to try win the item for you.
Bidders leaving bids are aware of this policy and take it into consideration when deciding on their total bid amounts. Please be aware, however, that you will still be responsible for paying for your items even if you have chosen not to preview in person and they are not as expected. All lots are purchased “voetstoots”, regardless of how you placed your bids. Therefore, we strongly recommend previewing carefully prior to using any of these methods.
- Effective in weak as well as strong markets.
- Equipped to auction in your home or at our warehouse.
- Accelerated and expert marketing.
- Maximises potential values.
- One-day event.
- Significantly reduces personal expenses.
- All items sold “voetstoots”.
- Less personal stress and spent hours.
- Efficient and professional bookkeeping and itemised receipts.
- Converts all items into cash, not just your best items.
- No hidden expenses.
- One public auction – many potential and serious buyers.
- Free on-line advertisements
- Our auctions are handled by our highly skilled auctioneers
The Auction Experience
Auctions are unique in experience, in sound, and in practice.
Many auction attendees find the experience addictive. They say that there’s nothing quite like the thrill of finding something they want and then bidding against others who want the same thing.
But you don’t have to be a seasoned auction attendee to be able to experience the thrill of auctions. We gladly welcome new bidders to our auctions, and though almost everyone has heard the old story about the person who attended an auction, scratched his nose and came home with an item he’d not intended to buy, pay no heed to that myth.
“People who have never been to an auction before should certainly give it a try,” said John Roebuck, CAI, AARE, president of the National Auctioneers Association. “Don’t be intimidated, go and have fun!”
Feel free to just get your feet wet. Don’t think you have to go to your first auction ready to bid. Attend an auction or two in your area to get a feel for how they are conducted. Watch and listen, then move on to bidding if that makes you comfortable.
Always remember that at an auction you’re free to ask a question if you don’t understand something. We want people to continue coming to our auctions, so ask a question to a member of our team and we’ll find the answer for you.
When you arrive at our auction, register and you’ll receive a bidder number. Read the rules printed on it. Again, ask questions if you don’t understand a policy. Inspect the merchandise you’re interested in, as most is auctioned “voetstoots” (As is, where is). This means it is not guaranteed. When you buy an item, you become responsible for it. And, keep in mind that you are liable to pay for the items you purchase before you leave the auction, even if you aren’t taking everything with you that day.
In order to bid at an auction, you need to make contact with the auctioneer. To bid, hold up your bid card in your hand or shout “yes”. The auctioneer will make eye contact with you.
You can remove yourself from the process at any time by shaking your head “no” or saying “no” if the auctioneer turns your way. Should an auctioneer misinterpret any of your signals, simply report the mistake right away.
Terms and Conditions
Below is a list of Terms & Conditions that will apply to each auction.
- By registering, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions of our sale.
- Announcements made from the auction block will take precedence over any written or advertised information.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw items, relot items or add items from the sale.
- All items are sold “voetstoots” with no warranty of any kind expressed or implied.
- Buyers shall rely entirely on their own inspection and information.
- All items must be paid in full and removed on the day of the sale. Large items may need to be held until the end of the sale. You are responsible for removal of your own items.
- Items are sold to the highest bidder. In the event of a tie or dispute between bidders, the auctioneer may reopen
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept bids in any increment he feels is in the best interest of his client, the seller.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments he feels are not in the best interest of the seller.
What I need to do on arrival
- Register as a bidder. (Pay refundable deposit if required)
- Ensure that you have enough money to pay for the goods that you have purchased.
- Ensure you understand the conditions of sale
- Ask our friendly team at the registration team if you have any questions
- If you lose your bidders card, please report this to registration asap.
- Please remember that there is a 14% buyers commission + 14% VAT on all goods knocked down to you.